top of page
Centertown Bedford Centertown Clock Down


Simpler Than It May Seem

Town of Bedford Economic Development Office offers step-by-step assistance from your initial site selection to your grand opening. Whether you're a destination business or a retail chain, the process is seamless.

To operate a business in the Town of Bedford, there are several required documents you must have. First, you must create a business entity. This can be done through the Bedford County Clerk of the Circuit Court. 

Businesses require a zoning permit and a business license. The type of zoning permit required depends on the type of business you start - it will likely be either a Commercial Occupation Permit or Home Occupation Permit. If construction is required, you may need to secure a building permit through the Town of Bedford.

After getting permits, the next step is getting an annual Business License. All permits and licenses may be obtained in the Office of Planning and Community Development within the Town Municipal Building.

If you have any further questions about the business process, please refer to the document provided below or give Mary a call or email at the number listed below.

Town of Bedford Municipal Building.jpg
bottom of page